Video content is a driving factor in consumer buying decisions. In fact, 90% of users say video assists them in making buying decisions. Conveying feelings with video engages consumers on an emotional level, allowing you to make a memorable connection.
Consider this…did you know that YouTube is currently the #2 search engine? If you’re spending time, effort, and marketing budget on your local search ranking status on Google, you’d be wise to consider how you appear up on YouTube as well.
From TikTok videos to Reels on Facebook, video is everywhere. According to the Cisco Annual Internet Report, online videos were projected to account for 82% of all internet traffic by this year.
The use of video in your marketing efforts helps increase consumer engagement in your product or service. It can help with SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and promotes brand recognition. While we could throw a LOT of statistics your way, Wordstream put together a great list of 75 Staggering Video Marketing Statics already!
Using video on social media, your website, or even in email marketing can help build your brand and foster consumer trust. Studies show that more time is spent on websites with video. Additionally, video content can significantly increase conversion rates.
Here are a few things to consider to effectively use video in your marketing strategy.
Videos used for marketing come in many different forms. Also, they should be geared toward a specific audience such as prospects or current customers. Short informational videos are easier to digest and provide consumers a way to understand your product, service, or business better.
Consider the following types and how they help marketers connect with their audience.
- Team Introductions – introduce your team to humanize your company. Help viewers feel more connected.
- Product/Service Overview – foster a greater understanding of what your company provides. Set yourself apart from competitors.
- Walkthrough – use a virtual walkthrough to provide immersive engagement opportunities. This type has become increasingly popular in the real estate industry and is a great addition to boosting a realtor’s digital presence.
- Testimonials – allow happy clients to speak shine. While written reviews are still a must, seeing is believing.
- Recruiting – show potential new hires what it’s like to work for your business. Get them excited to be part of the team and allow them to experience your culture even before the first interview.
Once you have identified the right video type, you need to select a delivery method.
How to reach your target audience digitally is choc full of options, each has their own set of benefits…
- Email – Attaching a video in an email can lead to a 200-300% increase in click-through rate. And 54% of email subscribers prefer emails with videos.
- Website – Studies show that more time is spent on websites with video and videos can significantly increase conversion rates.
- Social Media/YouTube – support SEO efforts with optimization and allow viewers to share your content with others.
Use videos to engage consumers and help your business be found online. At Cight Solutions, we breed contenders because we pay attention to each component of digital marketing. If you want to be a contender, we’re here when you’re ready.