Fall is here and a change of season is a great opportunity to freshen up your marketing. Q4 is also a great opportunity to make sure to get the most out of your marketing budget!
Here are our top four tips for marketing your business with the changing season.
Change up your online presence to align with the season and it’s many holidays
- Update your logo image on social to include seasonally relevant details, add a few leaves for Autumn or a cornucopia for Thanksgiving
- Add relevant look to your website, update your homepage video to be seasonally relevant
- Incorporate fall flavors into your products. Think pumpkin spice or caramel apple for Fall
Ensure you’re using the holidays within a particular season in your marketing! Fall has a few great options for traditional US holiday marketing:
- Halloween – promote some “spooky” specials and/or participate in community trick-or-treat opportunities or organize a caravan for Trunk or Treating!
- Veteran’s Day – provide discounts or complimentary products/services for Veterans and active service members
- Thanksgiving/Black Friday – from food for family gatherings to one of the largest shopping days of the year, these are great days to leverage in marketing
- Small Business Saturday – a great opportunity to promote buying local and drive business your way
- Holiday Testimonials – have a good review from a holiday last year? Use that testimonial in your marketing efforts to be seasonally specific!
The holiday season has so many opportunities to get out and get active in your community. Here are a few examples of how you can market your business within your community!
- Work with other small businesses for joint promotions on Small Business Saturday
- Host a charity drive, use your business to provide support for local organizations such as food pantries or animal shelters
- Donate your time to local organizations and community events or, better yet, have your business sponsor one
Looking for more ideas to get involved, we have a group of community blogs just for you!
Boost your Digital Presence
With many of the US holidays in Q4 affording more people time away from work, and time away from work affords more time online!
- Prompt social followers to nominate (tag) a business or individual for a free/discounted product or service. These tags will drive more views to your content
- Hold a raffle for discounts on products or services for those who like or follow your social pages
- Participate in any trending social challenges and use relevant hashtags
- Optimize your SEO for the season! Use keywords specific to how people are seasonally searching
- Step up your digital advertising for the largest shopping days of the year
Fall is full of seasonal marketing options so take a minute to refresh your online presence, get involved, give back, and watch your business grow as we head into the colder months!