The holiday season is a time for giving and sharing. And as a small business, just as importantly, it’s a time to make some money. For many, the 4th quarter is the most profitable of the year! Cight Solutions, a Digital Marketing Agency located in Bend, Oregon, has come up with some of the best strategies for digital marketing leading up to the holidays.
- Email marketing is an effective way to build awareness for your brand and help your customers on their journey to deciding to purchase your products and services. Create value for your customers by offering a sneak-peek into holiday specials, discounts and giving incentives like free shipping for shopping early with you.
- Holiday-themed social media campaigns can drum up a buzz and anticipation for followers. Daily countdowns to new product launches or specials and incentives for saving, sharing, and liking your posts can increase followers’ engagement, clicks, and purchases. Be sure your holiday purchasing links are present in your social bios for shopping just a click away.
- Update your social profiles and content to holiday-related imagery. Temporarily update your logo for a fall look, or consider how a winter-themed logo would look. Tools like Canva offer easy-to-use photo editing software to stay fresh and current with your imagery.
- Investing in digital ads during the holidays can be beneficial to target the specific demographic you can anticipate is looking for exactly what you have to offer for their holiday gift-giving. While email campaigns and posting on social media are essential, they reach your current customer base and those you have already engaged with. The holidays are a great time to break through to capture a new audience with fun, catchy targeted display ads.
- The holidays are a great time to highlight valued customers and employees by sharing their stories in special spotlights in your emails, newsletters, or social media posts. Remember, your product is an answer to a question or a problem. Highlight how your business has positively impacted the lives of these individuals to create connections with others and add value to new consumers.
- Participate in community-wide shopping events that attract shoppers with holiday-themed events, booths, and family fun. Here in Bend, Small Business Saturday features many local shops to come together, offer specials and giveaways while featuring local businesses to encourage patrons to buy local for their holiday gift-giving.
We hope this post has given you some great ideas about getting ahead of the Black Friday rush without sacrificing quality while engaging your customers. These are just a few suggestions, but there is no shortage of ways that your company can benefit from these strategies in time for the holiday season. If you’re not sure where to start or if any of these tips seem overwhelming, we’d be happy to help! Cight Solutions wants nothing more than for our clients and friends to succeed in their businesses, so don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions or need support with anything on this list. Have fun getting ready for another busy holiday season!