Gaining leads and increasing sales with your website doesn’t have to be overwhelming or complicated. With a few tactics and the right analytics or support, turning leads into sales is tangible in your near future!
Keep reading for three specific ways to lead generation boosters that will help increase conversions.
Forms on Landing Pages
To get started with some specific tactics to generate leads, audit where your current leads come from: email marketing, social media, live chat, blog posts, etc. Identify the pages your visitors are landing on and keep those pages up-to-date with the most thorough and current information about your business.
To generate new contacts and leads, add a form on those specific pages to ask for information (ie. name, email, etc.) to follow up on and create new warm leads. Here are three tips for enticing a site visitor’s information:
Keep it short. Create a form that is as short as possible asking for pertinent information needed to follow-up and add the lead to your email marketing campaigns.
Keep it above the fold. Add your intake form high enough on your page that the lead does not have to scroll to cross it. Place it on the top third of your page and check that it is above that invisible scroll line on desktop, tablet and especially mobile devices.
Keep it interesting. Give your new lead access to longer information, guides, or downloads in exchange for their valuable information. Be sure to follow-up with an email that links the content you’re offering and/or where to find you again online and on social media.
Simple Home Page
Designing a simple home page may sound, well, simple, until you must make the choice of what to feature and highlight. Studies have shown that offering fewer products on your home page with more text describing a specific topic will actually increase overall sales.
Continue reading for a few ways to engage visitors online:
- Have a clear call to action (CTA). Your CTA tells your lead what to do as soon as they land on your site. Here are several tips for crafting a strong CTA:
- Use a strong command verb to start your call to action (ie. buy, shop, order, download, subscribe, fill out, find out how, etc.).
- Explain how your product(s) solves the lead’s problem.
- Describe the benefits of purchasing your product.
- Explain why your consumers should purchase from you instead of your competitors.
- Take advantage of FOMO (ie. sale ends Monday, buy while supplies last, etc.).
- Add a button for leads to stay up to date with your latest news, sales and subscribe to your communications.
- Individualize content using dynamic content that speaks directly to your lead. For example, when an unknown user lands on your website, the header may read, “Hello! Welcome to (Your Company Name)”. Once a user is known and they click on a targeted ad, or an internal link, that header may now be personalized, “Hi (Name), Welcome Back!”.
- Include reviews on your website for new leads to read and gain confidence in your business. While generating new leads is essential to a growing customer base, gathering reviews and responding to current customers is vital for new growth as well. Post updated reviews on your website and link to Google reviews to increase your visibility and credibility. Requesting reviews gives your current customers a voice and responding helps manage your reputation. Let us show you how our widget can be used to filter reviews onto your website.
Follow-up with Leads
Leads and visitors do not automatically turn into customers. Studies show that email marketing produces one of the top ROI across all marketing methods. Here are a few practical ways to help efficiently follow-up with warm leads:
- Put leads in a workflow to follow-up once they complete a form from your site or social media.
- Deliver valuable content based on their interests.
- Send emails with interesting content; as you get to know your leads more, continue to customize their received content to continue captivating interest. Email marketing is one of the best ways to spend your marketing dollars. According to HubSpot, email generates $42 for every $1 spent, making it one of the most effective options available.
When you work with us and take advantage of our digital marketing tools to meet your needs, you can choose the options that best suit your business and help you gain the traction your business needs to get better results.